Thank you for your interest in being a guest on Texas Business Radio. This page should give you an outline of the process, timing, and cost of this. If you have any questions in the process of this, please contact us via email or contact Matt Register directly at 713.302.3240.
What is Texas Business Radio?
Texas Business Radio is a new, fast-growing business news and information talk show broadcasting across the state of Texas (see the front page for air times / locations). The primary market of the show is middle market business owners and business leaders. Guest on the show include CEOs, service providers, economists, lawmakers, and anyone else that effects that business environment.
TBR is produced by RREA Media, a local veteran-owned small business that produces audio and video and develops websites for many businesses across the state. RREA Media also produces the Houston Real Estate Radio show, KTRH’s flagship Sunday show.
More than a radio show, TBR is a trans media platform that takes advantage of the technology available by capturing each second of radio and repurposing that content for online use. The show is produced in the RREA Media studios in Spring, Texas using a six camera setup. On location, they use a custom built broadcast booth with a three camera setup. That video content of the show is shared online through websites, social media, and mass email.
1. The first step is the pre-interview questionnaire. This will give us a little information to prepare for our interview. It will also give our production crew the correct name spelling, company name, etc. Please take a moment and fill out the survey (or send the link to your client for them to fill out.) This will also allow us to ensure this is something that is a good fit for our show. We have a questionnaire for your client the CEO and one if your client is a book author.
2. Once the questionnaire is complete, one of our staff members will reach out to you and confirm the interview time and date. We shoot interviews a couple of days a week and are fairly flexible as to when we can conduct the interview.
3. We charge $1,100 for a license to use the interview for your own marketing. The segment audio and video will be available soon after recording. You are welcome to send a check or pay via credit card online. If you are sending a check, please make the check out to Texas Business Radio and send it to the address below:
Texas Business Radio
ATTN: Matt Register
C/O RREA Media
1614 Louetta Rd.
Spring, TX 77388
If you would like to pay with a credit card online, you can with the link below. Keep in mind, we charge a 3.5% convenience fee for online transactions. Transactions will be processed through the RREA Media website. Please ensure the license is purchased prior to the interview appointment.
4. Do you have questions? I am sure you do. We have compiled a list of the most frequently asked questions for you to view from the button below. If you have any additional questions, please reach out to your show point of contact or send us a note HERE.
1. If you are coming into the RREA Media Studios, we are located at the corner of I45 and Louetta Rd. in Spring. You can find easy driving directions via the button below.
Please click the images below for a full sized image.
Simple map to our location.
Strip center to look for.
Store front to look for.
If are Skyping into the studio, please send us a contact request from your Skype account to ours at least 24 hours in advance of the interview. Our Skype screen name is “rreadotcom”. Once we are connected, we will initiate the Skype call at the appointed time.
If you are calling into the studio via telephone, please ensure we have the direct number for the person being interviewed at least 24 hours in advance. We will initiate the phone call from the studio at the appointed time.
2. The interview process is simple and very causal. Each guest is scheduled for one hour at the RREA Media studio. The first thirty to forty minutes is spent meeting with hosts Matt Register and Jay Curry just talking about the guest’s story, their company’s history, expertise, products, customers, etc. Once the guest and hosts feel comfortable and the guest understands the process, they move into the studio where the guest is interviewed by Matt and Jay. The interview itself only lasts about ten minutes. After the interview is recorded ten minutes is allocated to discuss how the program went.
We are often asked if the interview can be redone. Although the answer is obviously ‘Yes’, the truth of the matter is we want the interview to be natural and spontaneous. We are not after perfection. We want the audience to feel like they are setting in the studio with us and we’re having a casual, friendly discussion. What the guest might consider a minor glitch, we actually see as normal and common, like any other conversation. For this reason, we have never had to reshoot an interview.
You can find some tips on what to wear and how to dress via the button below.
3. Post Interview
1. Once the interview is over, RREA Media will produce the video of the segment no later than the broadcast of that segment. Please keep in mind that the broadcast schedule is somewhat fluid and subject to change. We strive to have the videos completed in a timely fashion, the segments set to broadcast sooner have priority.
2. Once the segments are complete and ready to broadcast, RREA Media compiles the segment interviews, commercials, and other audio elements into the hour long broadcast for each market. We will do our best to keep you informed as to when the segment will broadcast. Please also keep in mind that our air times and stations are subject to change. We are a growing show and are constantly striving for a larger and larger audience.
3. We continuously strive for improvement. One of the best tools for this is your feedback. Please take a moment and complete the short post-interview survey (we will send it to you once the segment is recorded) and give us some feedback on how we did.
4. In conjunction with the broadcast, we will do everything we can to distribute your segment online. The video will be displayed on the front page of Texas Business Radio from the morning of the broadcast until the morning of the next broadcast. It will be available in the Texas Business Radio video archives, podcast archives, and iTunes podcast as well. We will push out links to the content several times on several Twitter accounts as well as publish the content on Facebook and various other online locations.
We will send you and your client some techniques we have found effective for distributing your segment video yourself after the segment is recorded.