We have found universities and their programs to be rife with opportunities to form mutually beneficial relationships on an in-kind basis. Here are some of the ways we have found to help each other. This could be with the university as a whole or with a business school or specific program within the university.
What is Texas Business Radio?
Texas Business Radio is a new, fast-growing business news and information talk show broadcasting across the state of Texas (see the front page for air times / locations). The primary market of the show is middle market business owners and business leaders. Guest on the show include CEOs, service providers, economists, lawmakers, and anyone else that effects that business environment.
TBR is produced by RREA Media, a local veteran-owned small business that produces audio and video and develops websites for many businesses across the state. RREA Media also produces the Houston Real Estate Radio show, KTRH’s flagship Sunday show.
More than a radio show, TBR is a trans media platform that takes advantage of the technology available by capturing each second of radio and repurposing that content for online use. The show is produced in the RREA Media studios in Spring, Texas using a six camera setup. On location, they use a custom built broadcast booth with a three camera setup. That video content of the show is shared online through websites, social media, and mass email.
Where / when does it air?
We can be heard all over the great State of Texas, currently on the following stations / times:
- KPRC AM950 Houston - 6PM Saturdays
- NewsRadio 740 KTRH Houston - 11AM Central Sundays
- iHeartRadio - 6PM Saturdays KPRC, 11AM Sundays KTRH
- iTunes - On Demand
What can TBR do for their University Partner?
We can do several things for our University Partners that they find beneficial.
- Treat them as a sponsor – We can treat the university / program as a show sponsor, promoting whatever the university / program wants. This can include signage in the studio, banner ads on the website, audio ads during the broadcast, video ads on the video content, segments on the show, etc.
- Remote Broadcasts – When we have remote broadcasts in your metro area, you are welcome to participate, be present, and co-exhibit with us. This can be a trade show, business event, etc.
- Showcase their talent / programs – We can give an outlet to some of your talent and give them easily sharable, high production value video content of their interview.
What does TBR need from their University Partner?
There are several ways that the University Partner can show value to TBR:
- Content – The university can provide access to staff or relationships with high quality subject matter experts on a variety of topics. These tend to be high quality guests and interviews. As we send out future show topics, suggstions and access to experts is a big help to us.
- Sponsor Relationships – Especially for programs in metro areas where we are not physically located, introductions to logical sponsor partners that have an ongoing relationship with the university is very helpful. The more of these introductions turn into TBR sponsors, the more we can do for the university / program.
- Treat TBR as an in-kind sponsor – When you have special events related to your university / program, treat TBR as an in-kind sponsor to increase our brand awareness.